WHAT IS ART ?
Generally ART is known as Painting, Music or Dance.
But it is essential to understand what is ART really ? and why is it so important in human life ? Read further to know the unknown facts of ART.
I try defining ART with these simple words
Acquire Re-create Throw out (A R T)
- We continuously Acquire several inputs from outside world ( images, moving visuals, sounds, Gustatory tastes, smells, touch sense feelings, emotions and many other feelings.. ) and we put in our mind which becomes a collection in our memory. ( Sight (vision), hearing (audition), taste (gustation), smell (olfaction), and touch (somatosensation) are the five traditionally recognized senses. ) This Acquiring is the first step in any form* of Art creation.(*There are many art forms such as Visual art, culinary art, Music art, Performing arts, etc.)
- RE- CREATING from what we acquired ( with the help of our senses ) is the second part of ART making.
- Everyone involves in some form of Recreation to relax , to refresh from routines. During Recreation our mind is free and creative. PAINTING ART is itself an RECREATIONAL activity.
Anyone can be creative when one does any action not as a work, but play as a game
We all might have experienced, At times passing on the way enjoying an evening sunset, we might feel like to sing or Hum on seeing the vast pink-orange sky. A sudden stroke of joy bubble up without any reason as the orange sun light hits on all buildings and trees around. And the same situation (scene) might not trigger any feeling for another person walking with you. If the scene in that leisurely walk relaxes one’s mind it can trigger the joyfulness and Aesthetic sense.
A relaxed person has more ability to sense the Beauty all around.
WHAT IS CREATIVITY ?
WE CAN ONLY RE-CREATE FROM THE NATURE’S CREATION , We can give different shapes to Clay but we can’t create clay from our hands.
- RECREATING from the ACQUIRED is the second stage of any ART process / ART activity.
- We Re create images or visualize in the mind screen before we express through our language or actions. Here the Acquired visual memory supports to Visualise. Every one’s mind casts a Mould. The Molding is responsible for different tastes in a person. No two Person has all tastes similar and Aesthetic sense.
So, what we mean by CREATIVITY is to re arrange, re mix the elements from the NATURE’S CREATION and give a new shape and meaning.
- The third letter of ART- T is to indicate – Throw out (i.e to express)
- Throw out that which we Recreated in our mind screen using some tool. We see the world through our mind filter, that is through our taught ideas. The parents, teachers, friends, all medias and whoever, whatever associated with us from our birth till now contribute to mould us. So the resulting expressions will be based on such moulds which we call one’s uniqueness.
- the UNIQUE EXPRESSIONS are merely moulded by these ELEMENTS.
Everyone’s style of art are molded self expressions.
Nature casts every mould unique. People deviate from nature’s molding, trying to copy others. Forcing to mould yourself or children will deform the beauty of healthy natural growth. The Capability of being original will be lost, also dissatisfaction results by forcing to fit in others mould.
WHO ARE THE REAL ARTISTS ?
Kenfortes Art Academy works to give an integrated Art education where our right and left brain functions are balanced.
THE RIGHT AND LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS CAN BE EASILY BALANCED BY INVOLVING OURSELVES IN ACTIVITIES CONSISTS TWO ASPECTS – FEELING AND LOGIC .
Art has these two aspects-
Art as art (Feeling the emotions from colors and forms & Art is aesthetic sense of appreciating Beauty)
ART as science (inventing Techniques, Logical thinking , spatial skills, creative thinking, composing)
An experienced artist can handle both the aspects and impart art education to students.
VIEWS OF WALDORF ON EDUCATION WITH ART
Waldorf (Steiner) education is based on the educational philosophy of Rudolf Steiner, the founder of Anthroposophy. The pedagogy emphasizes the role of imagination in learning, striving to integrate holistically the intellectual, practical, and artistic development of pupils.
The Arts And Practical Skills
Arts and practical skills make their essential contribution, educating not only heart and hand but…the brain as well.
Waldorf teachers believe that the human being is not just a brain – but a being with heart and limbs – a being of will and feeling, as well as of intellect. To ensure that education does not produce one-sided individuals, crippled in emotional health and volition, these less conscious aspects of our human nature must constantly be exercised, nourished, and guided. Here the arts and practical skills make their essential contribution, educating not only heart and hand but, in very real ways, the brain as well.
The 9th grader who has learned to handle red-hot iron at the forge, or the senior who caps years of modeling exercises by sculpting a full human figure have, in addition to a specific skill, gained self-discipline and the knowledge of artistic form.
Students who have worked throughout their education with color and form; with tone, drama, and speech; with eurythmy as an art of bodily movement; with clay, wood, fiber, metal, charcoal and ink, have not only worked creatively to activate, clarify, and strengthen their emotions, but have carried thought and feeling down into the practical exercise of the will.
The whole human being-head, heart and hands has been educated by creative holistic education.
If you can grow in love, you will grow in awareness. If you grow in awareness, you will grow in love – osho
You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it. – osho
WHAT IS CREATIVITY ?
CREATIVITY IS A QUALITY WHICH IS ALIVE IN ALL OF US.
“Creativity means loving whatsoever you do – enjoying, celebrating it, as a gift of existence!
“So if you are looking for fame and then you think you are creative – if you become famous like Picasso, then you are creative – then you will miss. Then you are, in fact, not creative at all: you are a politician, ambitious. If fame happens, good. If it doesn’t happen, good. It should not be the consideration. The consideration should be that you are enjoying whatsoever you are doing. It is your love-affair. – osho
kenfortes art class bangalore j p nagar Bannerghatta road panduranga nagar Btm layout jaya nagar offers fine art courses